(Sundance) IFC Films Takes Rights to Michael Winterbottom’s Look of Love

Posted by Rande Iaboni on January 21, 2013 at 3:49 pm

(Sundance) IFC Films Takes Rights to Michael Winterbottom’s Look of Love

IFC FILMS TAKES NORTH AMERICAN RIGHTS TO MICHAEL WINTERBOTTOM’S LOOK OF LOVE FROM STUDIOCANAL

PARK CITY, UT (January 20, 2013) – IFC Films announced today from the 2013 Sundance Film Festival that the company is acquiring North American rights to Michael Winterbottom’s LOOK OF LOVE from Studiocanal. The film, with a screenplay by Matt Greenhalgh, stars Steve Coogan, Anna Friel, Imogen Poots, and Tamsin Egerton and was produced by Melissa Parmenter. Andrew Eaton, Jenny Borgars, Katherine Butler, Norman Merry, Danny Perkins, and Piers Wenger executive produced the project. LOOK OF LOVE premiered on January 19th at the Sundance Film Festival.

Steve Coogan stars in LOOK OF LOVE, the true-life story of Paul Raymond, the man behind Soho’s notorious Raymond Revue Bar and Men Only magazine. In this latter-day King Midas story, Raymond becomes one of the richest men in Britain – at the cost of losing those closest to him.

Jonathan Sehring, President of Sundance Selects/IFC Films, said: “Michael Winterbottom has consistently impressed us with his remarkable body of work. For our fifth collaboration with him, he’s given Steve Coogan a brilliant showcase for his talents and matched him with the equally impressive Imogen Poots, Anna Friel and Tamsin Egerton. LOOK OF LOVE is a beautifully executed film that we are incredibly proud to bring to audiences later this year. We’re thrilled to be back in business with Michael, our friends at Studiocanal and Revolution Films.”

Noted Winterbottom: “It’s incredible news that IFC Films is going to be releasing THE LOOK OF LOVE in the U.S. We’ve developed an incredible working relationship over the years and I couldn’t be more enthusiastic to have this film in their hands.”
Commented Harold van Lier, EVP International Distribution at Studiocanal: ” “We are thrilled to bring Michael’s phenomenal film to his loyal supporters at IFC Films. They made a bullish offer and their smart business model is exactly how this film should be distributed in the U.S. today. They will give it the proper theatrical release it deserves while going out aggressively on VOD and to us they are the perfect partner to do both successfully while looking after our film and talent with tender, love and care. This was a memorable day for us all at Studiocanal and FilmFour and we are extremely grateful for the support of the Sundance Film Festival and of our dear friends at IFC Films.”

The deal for the film was negotiated by Arianna Bocco, Senior Vice President of Acquisitions & Productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films with Van Lier at Studiocanal on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Films is a sister label to IFC Midnight and Sundance Selects, and is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc.