Three Original Cast Members Back for Star Wars: Episode 7?

Posted by Alia Haddad on March 7, 2013 at 11:13 am

Three Original Cast Members Back for Star Wars: Episode 7?

Well, in news that will probably excite many of you and will definitely excite my sister, who cried tears of joy when my father picked us up from summer camp that year with the original trilogy under his arm (a feeling I did not understand until many years later when my father picked us up from summer camp with the original Jurassic Park under his arm), George Lucas, the master himself, has confirmed that the three main leads are all but confirmed for for the upcoming  Star Wars: Episode 7. That’s right fellow non-Treckies, I’m talking about the amazing Carrie Fisher, the at one-time swoon-worthy Mark Hamill, and the still swoon-worthy Harrison Ford (What? I will eternally like any man that goes to my homeland and chooses the correct holy grail cup that subsequently saves his father’s life. Duh.).

So yes, the three cast members that really made the original trilogy might be back for the last! Just how sure is this? Well, in a Bloomberg Business Week article on Disney purchasing LucasFilms and the upcoming Star Wars episodes that will arise from that purchase,  Lucas reveals, “I’ve never been that much of a money guy. I’m more of a film guy, and most of the money I’ve made is in defense of trying to keep creative control of my movies.” I know, I know. What does this have to do with Star Wars: Episode 7? Well, hold your horses, I’m getting there.

In this same article, Lucas is quoted as saying, “We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison—or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, ‘Look, this is what’s going on.’ Maybe I’m not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them.” Now, wasn’t that worth the wait?!

Hooray! Yes, while Lucas was careful to say thy were still in negotiations, it is huge that Lucas, the man behind the whole franchise, has come out and said these actors were as good as in. The original three back again?! Who’s excited?!