Is This The Worst Movie In The World? Well, It Really Doesn’t Matter, Because It Looks Awesome.

Good news, Banterers! We finally have a trailer of Killing Season in our midst. Oh, what’s Killing Season you ask? Oh you haven’t been following it for years since you learned the plot was a little reminiscent of the best short story in the world, The Most Dangerous Game? Oh, that’s interesting. Well, please, allow me to inform you: Killing Season is the long-awaited (maybe just by me) Mark Steven Johnson film that stars John Travolta as a jilted ex-Serbian soldier who has a bone to pick (his own) with an American soldier who once tried to kill him. Obviously Robert DeNiro plays the American soldier in question. What we’re left with is John Travolta trying to act, and that includes a terrible attempt at a Serbian accent (where is Serbia again, Travolta?) and Robert DeNiro just being awesome and trying to avoid death by enraged maniac.

Could this movie get better?! Well, I guess that’s a bit of a touchy subject, because as rumor once had it, Robert DeNiro’s American character was once slotted to be played by the one and only Nicolas Cage. And I can decisively tell you that the one thing better than this movie would be a Face/Off reunion where John Travolta tries to play the crazy one.

Alas, we will have to make do with what we got and, luckily, what we got ain’t half bad (or it is, but that’s what makes it good!). Killing Season is out at theaters July 12th. If you don’t want to spend money on this thing, then get a MoviePass! But also, you can watch it on Video on Demand as well, although I’m not sure why you’d want to.

I would say check out the trailer below, but something appears to have gone wrong with YouTube, so I’ll post the video once they get it back up and running. Happy hunting!