Spike Jonze’s Her Eyes Awards Season

Posted by Alia Haddad on August 15, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Spike Jonze’s Her Eyes Awards Season

Have you seen the trailer for Spike Jonze’s Her yet? Well, if you haven’t than you really, really should. Not only does Her have a stellar cast, made up of Joaquin Phoenix, Rooney Mara, Amy Adams, Olivia Wilde, Scarlett Johansson, and Chris Pratt, but it also looks so good. I am not exaggerating: it looks so damn good.

I mean, just the plot sounds like it would make a great movie. Her tells the story of Theodore, a writer who forms a relationship with an operating system (voiced by Johansson) that is designed to meet his every need. Think Lars and the Real Girl meets a lighter version of A.I. Artificial Intelligence. Aside from a near perfect story line, Her boasts the direction of the highly capable Spike Jonze and a soundtrack almost completely scored by celebrated (and rightly so) band Arcade Fire. What, seriously tell me what, could be better?!

I’m not sure anything could. And so I’ve been watching the trailer on repeat, non-stop, over and over again. There’s no stopping this train. So, imagine my both understanding surprise and accepting let down to learn that Her‘s release date has been pushed back a whole month. This is a good move by Warner Bros., as it ensures a more thorough look at it by awards season judges. While this will eventually make me happy, this also means a whole extra month of just watching this trailer, waiting for this movie to finally be released. But, as it has yet to prove repetitive, I guess I will keep on keeping on.

Check back here for updates and watch the trailer below:

YouTube Preview Image