Watch the Trailer for True Detective

Posted by Alia Haddad on January 3, 2014 at 10:26 am

Watch the Trailer for True Detective

“It’s not TV, it’s HBO,” right? Well, since it’s not TV and since this non-TV show stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, I feel as if I have every right to cover this news. And why wouldn’t I? Best friends Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson are two of my favorite people in Hollywood. I know, I know. It’s a strange pair, but I like them both together and apart. With McConaughey’s turn to excellent acting in last year’s Magic Mike, and Woody Harrelson’s constantly good performances, the two are an unstoppable tour de force, acting powers who ought to be reckoned with, best friends who I just want to hang out with.

And for all those reasons, and the fact that this isn’t TV, need I remind you, am I excited for True Detective, the HBO series starring the two best friends in question, directed by Cary Fukunaga, the man behind Sin Nombre and Jane Eyre. Throw in a captivating plot line of two detectives trying to solve mysterious cases that span a decade, and you have yourself and eager audience member (read: me).

While the “show” isn’t out until later next week, we have a brand new trailer to peak your interest. After watching the trailer, I can only say that if True Detective were a movie, I’d say it might be Oscar material. If it were a TV show, I’d say watch out Emmy’s. But since it’s HBO, I can only say one thing: watch.

YouTube Preview Image